Ascension Aconcagua - Mendoza -
Ascent to the highest peak in America. Normal Route
The ACONCAGUA is one of the most visited mountains in the world, it is the roof of America and the entire western hemisphere. The desire to crown its 6,962 meters attracts people from the most disparate corners of the planet. The climate and conditions of the high mountains make this expedition a unique adventure of its kind.
Itinerary - Exclusive programming in Aconcagua
Day 1: Mendoza: Meeting in the city of Mendoza in the morning. Check in at hotel. Presentation of guides, equipment check-up, advice for rental, printing of permits, assembly of mule bags, others. Last shopping.
Day 2: Confluencia (3300 msnm). Breakfast. We will start with our great adventure in Aconcagua. Transfer to Horcones (2900 masl). Presentation of permits and admission to the Aconcagua Provincial Park. First section of the trekking. We pass through the Horcones lagoon where we get the first great view of the Colossus of America, with its impressive and majestic south wall. We cross the bridge over the Horcones River and continue to the Confluencia camp (3300 masl). Rest. Use of carpones-domes for meals and meetings. We will use mountain tents, from now on, to sleep. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Confluencia (3300 msnm).Breakfast. This day we will dedicate to an important walk through the area with options between the viewpoint of Plaza Francia (base south wall) or the slopes of Cerro Tolosa. Return in the afternoon, rest and hydration. We will prepare for the next day, very long, trying to go to rest early. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Plaza de Mulas (4350 msnm).Breakfast. Rest day, medical check-up and general controls. Hydration and good nutrition. Short walks through the area to get to know the camp, one of the largest in the world. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Breakfast. As an acclimatization and light, we will ascend to the Plaza Canadá camp carrying equipment. We will return to Plaza de Mulas and continue with rest and hydration. Option of rest or short walks. New medical and personal equipment check-up. Chat. Dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Plaza Canadá (4950 msnm). Breakfast. First day in which we will spend the night above the base camp. We will ascend by the same way of the day of the porteo. Depending on the availability of water or snow, we will decide whether to stop at Plaza Canada or Change Slope, a little higher. High mountain tents. Hydration and nutrition. Rest. Dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Nido de Cóndores (5550 msnm). Breakfast. Ascent to the high camp of Nido de Cóndores, one of the classics of the hill. So far, in an emergency and in good weather, helicopters can get there. Rest, hydration and nutrition. Dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Nido de Cóndores (5570 msnm). Breakfast. This day we will rest in this camp, before finally attacking the summit. Correct hydration and medical controls. Lunch, dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Cumbre-Berlín o Nido de Cóndores (6962 msnm - 5950 / 5550 msnm).Very early, we are preparing to start the day for which we have been waiting for a long time. We ascend to Independencia (6300 masl), then we cross the great journey to the cave and begin the final attack through the famous Canaleta to the north and main summit of the highest mountain in America. Photos and after the joy we started the long descent to the Colera camp. Rest and spend the night..
Day 10: Plaza de Mulas (4350 msnm).Breakfast. Descent to Plaza de Mulas. Rest and recovery. Overnight
Day 11: Horcones (2900 msnm) y Ciudad de Mendoza. Downhill trekking to Horcones with portage of mules. Transfer to the city of Mendoza to the hotel. End of the expedition and our services.
Day 12:Extra day in case of bad weather.
· The ascension permit includes the use of the trails, the chemical restrooms in the base camps and the medical service also in the two camps. Does NOT include helicopter evacuation. NO incluye evacuación en helicóptero.
· In case someone cannot continue the expedition for different reasons (own decision, bad acclimatization, other symptoms and reasons) MT includes expenses in Plaza de Mulas until the expedition ends (tents, meals). But it does not include expenses for abandoning the program (wanting to descend earlier to Mendoza), mule, guide, transportation, hotel. That must be borne by each expeditionary.
· Groups must be reserved on the dates set by México Travesías.
Level of requirement - Graduation of difficulties.
Graduation of this climb to Aconcagua in 12 days: M3-F5-T2-P5-A5
In our trekking programs, trekking trips and mountaineering / ascensionism, we have defined the graduation from 1 to 5, in the four points that we consider decisive: backpack, physical, technical and psycho (Psychological).
Backpack (M): This point has to do with the weight that we must carry in our backpacks. Trekkings or crossings where we have pack animals, which allows us to bear less weight on our backs. And the multi-day journeys in Patagonia (without the option of having pack mules) generally make us carry more weight, especially in the early days.
Physical (F):We consider physical demands to wear that we can suffer both aerobic (climbs = possible shortness of breath) and muscular (resistance = many hours walking) and joints (descents = knees / ankles).
Technical (T): The technical difficulty is mainly based on the terrain. How much can it cost us to climb a slope, if it is very steep or if we have to use our hands in some section (simple climbing), both on rock and snow-ice, or materials such as crampons and ice axes on other ascents.
Psycho (P):We maintain that this point, the psychological factor, especially in ascents, represents a relevant factor. Each one needs a factor of conviction, confidence, self-control and will power to achieve a goal. And depending on the attitude with which we face distances, slopes, terrain and many other objective factors, we can achieve performance with very different results.
Altitude (A):It is the factor that height above sea level influences us based on the activity we carry out. Managing and overcoming symptoms caused by altitude is the key to this point.
· Professional mountain guides.
· Specific advice on materials and personal equipment.
· Transfers from the city of Mendoza to Vallecitos and Horcones (uphill).
· Transfers from Horcones to the City of Mendoza (descent).
· 2 nights in a 3 * hotel in the city of Mendoza (the night of day 1 and the night of the descent)
· Technical security material, VHF radios, Mountain kit.
· Heaters and kitchen elements.
· Base camp service (dining tent, chairs, tables, kitchen) in Confluencia and in Plaza de Mulas.
· Bedroom tents throughout the expedition.
· Satelital phone.
· Full board (all meals) throughout the Expedition: breakfast, energy, lunch, snack, dinner.
· Porting of general and personal equipment (with mules) to the Confluencia camp
· Porting of general and personal equipment (with mules) to the Plaza de Mulas camp.
· General equipment porter from Plaza Canadá to Nido de Cóndores (field 2)
· General team porter from Nido de Condores to Berlin or Plaza Cólera (field 3)
· Base camp services and meals in Plaza de Mulas in case you have to descend earlier than expected waiting for the group.
· Permanent assistance.
· Permission to enter the Park (Cost to Latinos).
Services NOT Included:
· Meals in Mendoza City.
· Extra meals and accommodation from those specified in the program.
· Porters of extra personal equipment.
· Expenses for evacuation and eventual transfer in different places of the provincial park (helicopter and mules).
· Expenses for eventual abandonment of the program, before the official end date (mules, transportation to Mendoza, hotel).
· Personal Equipment (see list and request).
· · Transfers from each passenger's city of origin to Mendoza capital.
· Per passenger US $ 3,400 * Minimum group: 4 passengers *
If you organise a group of 4 people, we will organise the excursion on the day that you like.
This excursion can take place from 11/12/2021 to 22/12/2021
18 or older
This is not recommended for pregnant women, people with neck or back problems, people with haemophilia, asthma or epilepsy or for people with heart problems.